Committing to innovation with the SIAG 2.0 MMI leads GrDF to great outcomes
EoZen boosts the power of SAP CRM by providing a user-friendly, ergonomic and easy-to-use MMI, based on Adobe FLEX.
Background and aim: to refocus the GrDF consultant on his/her core activity and satisfy the end customer
SIAG is GrDF's Development Division's application for managing prospective customers / customers and gas connection.
The Information Systems Department and the Professional Applications Division at GrDF launched the SIAG 2.0 project with the aim of completely redesigning the application interface. EoZen was chosen to implement this project, which is strategically very important for GrDF:
- • Putting the user back at the heart of the system, by providing him/her with an attractive, user-friendly, ergonomic and efficient tool,
- • Improving customer/prospective customer satisfaction by relying on the interface’s ability to limit time spent on the telephone and to improve the quality of customer management.
Our response: SIAG 2.0 a high-tech, innovative application that manages the majority of front-office work for connecting people to natural gas
EoZen has made the most of its dual expertise – SAP CRM and innovative MMI design using Adobe Flex – to create an interface that meets the needs of the 750 users of SIAG 2.0. This ambitious project was conducted in two phases:
- An initial phase, completed in 3 months and put into service last June, with the aim of establishing a technological base,
- A second phase completed in 5 months and operational since November 29th, extended the functional scope of the MMI to cover all front-office activities, from creating a task following an incoming call to making a proposal letter for a future customer.
Results: a user-friendly and highly-efficient solution acclaimed by users
When the first phase went live, SIAG 2.0 was immediately appreciated by all users, who enjoyed the easy-to-use design of the new interface, and its smooth browsing. The SIAG 2.0 MMI offers numerous benefits:
- Genuinely enthusiastic acceptance by 750 GrDF users,
- Time spent on the telephone to create a customer file greatly reduced,
- Personnel efficiency significantly approved; they now concentrate on their added value activities: advising and helping prospective customers/customers, promoting gas solutions and offers, etc.
- Enhanced data reliability and customer situation management greatly improved,
- Training time and costs strongly reduced, thanks to the intuitive interface design.
Chantal Alario, IS Development Manager within GrDF's Information Systems Department: « We really have noticed a difference between 'before' and 'after' SIAG 2.0: before, SIAG irritated users, but now they like it. FLEX puts into practice recommendations contained in all IS project management manuals: to include users in working groups right from the design phase. This guarantees an application is consistent with real user requirements, and also helps users understand and accept inevitable ‘can’t do’ situations, whether for reasons of feasibility, cost or time. »
Stéphane Hirt, Manager of the Professional Applications Division within GrDF's Development Commission: « Based on innovation and cooperation, the implementation of the Flex MMI has restored a positive dynamic for all those involved in and/or using SIAG. This isn’t a standard approach but it fully integrates GrDF’s upgrade project, which makes the outcome even greater. From a technical point of view, this clearly illustrates the obvious complementarity between RIAs and standard SAP type software packages. The expertise of EoZen teams was decisive for this last point. »